Mixing Instructions for QuickSilverHair Clay and Oil Mask
There are affiliate links* in this post. Read my Terms and Conditions Page to learn more.
Naturally Brighten Gray Hair using QuickSilverHair Clay*:
I have tried many recipes with the clay and this is what I use. For best results, use this recipe.
What you need:
- Shower Cap
- QuickSilverHair Clay
- Silicone Free Conditioner* Synthetic ingredients will block the action of the clay.
- For best results please use Acure Curiously Clarifying Shampoo* and Conditioner*
- Mielle Organics Babassu Oil And Mint Deep Conditioner also works well if you cannot find the Acure Conditioner.
- 3-4 pumps of QuickSilverHair Oil or QuickSilverHair Squalane Oil (or a dropper full of 100% pure Argan, Jojoba, or coconut oil) You must use oil in order to activate the clay.
- Mix in a small bowl: 2-3 tbsp of clay (+/- depending on the length of your hair) with oil and enough conditioner to make a smooth mix it should feel and look like frosting.
- Apply gently and evenly to wet hair after using clarifying shampoo.
- For deeper brightening and clarifying leave on for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Do not use heat, heat will dry out the clay and cake it to your hair.
- Rinse mask from hair thoroughly. You can wash again, experiment depending on what you feel your hair needs. Some need another wash after and some enjoy leaving it until the next wash.
How Often to Use the Clay:
You can safely use the mask up to twice a week for stubborn discolorations. How often you use it is up to you, but I advise at least once every 15-30 days for maintaining your brightest and shiniest gray hair.
*Gotta include the legal disclaimers here:
- I make no guarantee that the clay will whiten your hair; this is an all-natural product and contains no stripping or bleaching agents. Please use as instructed.
- If you have any known allergies, please test either product on a small patch of skin for 24 hours before you use on your entire head.
- Should you have a reaction, in any way, please discontinue use.
I tried the new formula for mixing today. Much easier application after shampooing. Used Acure shampoo & conditioner. Left on 1/2 hr. Rinsed. And rinsed, etc. You were right takes time to rinse off. But afterwards results are amazing! The yellowness is gone. My hair is shiny white & so soft! I keep running my fingers through to feel how soft it is. Also feels a bit thicker. Thanks!
QuickSilverHair is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links to Amazon.com. I earn money as an Amazon Associate from qualifying purchases.
QuickSilverHair is an affiliate with Great Lakes Collagen. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links to greatlakesgelatin.com. I earn a small percentage from any qualifying purchases.
QuickSilverHair is an affiliate with HelloSEEN. Some of the links on this site are affiliate links to helloseen.com. I earn a small percentage from any qualifying purchases.
© Copyright disclaimer: All content is written by Joli Campbell or Guests, that content belongs to QuickSilverHair or the respected author. All Images in this blog belong to the women in the picture or myself. I have used their images and names with their permission. Please do not copy or redistribute without further permission. Thank you.
QuickSilverHair.com content disclaimer: content is provided for general informational purposes and should not be considered medical advice. Product information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The hair care content is also for educational use, I am not a hair care professional or dermatologist, please be careful with your hair and skin. If you have any hesitations or concerns speak to your doctor or hair care professional for their support before using any information you find on this site. Be well.
For full Affiliate and Copyright Details Please Read My Terms & Conditions Page