Naturally Brighten Gray Hair using QuickSilverHair Clay:
I have tried many recipes with the clay and this is what I use. For best results, use this recipe.
What you need:
- Shower Cap
- QuickSilverHair Clay
- Clarifying Conditioner*
For best results please use Acure Curiously Clarifying Shampoo and Conditioner (or an all-natural silicone free conditioner with natural oils) Synthetic ingredients will block the action of the clay.
- 3-4 pumps of QuickSilverHair Oil
(or a dropper full of 100% pure Argan, Jojoba, or coconut oil) You must use oil in order to activate the clay.
- Mix in a small bowl: 2-3 tbsp of clay (+/- depending on the length of your hair) with oil and enough conditioner to make a smooth mix it should feel and look like frosting.
- Apply gently and evenly to wet hair after using clarifying shampoo.
- For deeper brightening and clarifying leave on for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Do not use heat, heat will dry out the clay and cake it to your hair.
- Rinse mask from hair thoroughly. You can wash again, experiment depending on what you feel your hair needs. Some need another wash after and some enjoy leaving it until the next wash.
How Often to Use the Clay:
You can safely use the mask up to twice a week for stubborn discolorations. How often you use it is up to you, but I advise at least once every 15-30 days for maintaining your brightest and shiniest gray hair.
I tried the new formula for mixing today. Much easier application after shampooing. Used Acure shampoo & conditioner. Left on 1/2 hr. Rinsed. And rinsed, etc. You were right takes time to rinse off. But afterwards results are amazing! The yellowness is gone. My hair is shiny white & so soft! I keep running my fingers through to feel how soft it is. Also feels a bit thicker. Thanks!