What We Are Made Of...
Woman Owned Business and Handmade Products
When I create QuickSilverHair products, I turn on music that I love, I dance, I sing and genuinely believe those are elements that are infused into my products.
I now have a manufacturer that is a woman owned business, and they hand make all the products for me.
By buying handmade products you support local, small businesses, that often are the only source of income for the person making the items.
Handmade items are important to the global economy.
They are often made by:
- Military Spouses (that’s me)
- People who are differently abled
- The chronically ill
- Entrepreneurs (that’s me)
- Stay-at-home Moms and Dads
- The Elderly
I buy handmade items and make many handmade items as well. I put a great deal of care and thought into my formulations so that it is of the utmost benefit to you.
QuickSilverHair Products are Made with Organic and/or Natural Ingredients
Kaolin Clay (kaolinite) has been used for centuries for cosmetics:
- It has skin healing properties, helping with acne prone skin.
- Kaolin acts as a natural preservative making products it is blended with last longer.
- It is commonly used in barrier creams to protect skin, in make-up, and for facial masks and soaps.
- Excellent replacement for synthetic ingredients that cause rashes and hives.
- The naturally occurring mineral, kaolinite, is a gentle clay for sensitive skin.
- A soft porous clay, it is adsorbent, and adsorbs and lifts away impurities.
The same impurities that can be found on the skin are also in your hair if not more. Our hair has constant exposure to the elements. Kaolin as a mask for the hair helps adsorb excess oils, impurities, and discoloration, detoxing your hair of many of the harsh elements it adsorbs. It gently cleanses and purifies your hair, leaving it soft and shiny. I have blended the clay with organic cornstarch that absorbs staining and oils, I have carefully selected essential oils that cleanse, rejuvenate, and detox your hair and scalp.
Kaolin is ideal for dry hair since it is so gentle. It is a naturally occurring silica and helps gently exfoliate your scalp, leaving your hair with elasticity and strength, some even claim it is beneficial for hair growth. *Silica is not the same as silicones, silicones are chemical derivatives of silicas.
Learn more on all the benefits of kaolin in What Does Kaolin Clay Do For Skin and Hair?
Essential Oils and Plant Based Oils used in QuickSilverHair Products:
Natural French lavender oil:
The versatility of lavender makes it ideal for any multi-purpose skin product. It is one of the most common medicinal essential oils for relaxation, muscle pain, headaches, and skin complaints including burns, sunburn, rashes, eczema, acne, dandruff, psoriasis, and insect bites.
Natural Bergamot oil:
Also widely used in cosmetic applications for acne, eczema, oily skin, and psoriasis. Although phototoxic it is considered safe if used without wearing in sunlight or diluting properly.
Natural Grapefruit oil:
High in vitamin C, which promotes collagen production in the skin. The oil is beneficial for acne, gentle cleansing, antiseptic, and promotes hair growth.
Olive Derived Squalane oil:
Mother Nature’s Skin and Hair Serum known for its ability to be non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores), clear oil for those worried about staining, mimics your natural skin oil, strengthens and softens hair, and moisturizes hair and skin. Read More Here
QuickSilverHair Products are Curly Hair Friendly and Cruelty Free:
- Synthetic fragrances
- Mineral oil
- Cruelty Free
Ingredients you can Trust!
Ingredients that Work!
Ingredients from Earth!
I have selected containers that can be Recycled! Reduce Waste! and be Repurposed!
It is important to me to be as environmentally friendly as I can be.
- All ingredients, where feasible and available, are organic, fair trade, ethically sourced, or 100% natural (no chemical additives).
- All boxes that product is shipped to me in are reused, or recycled.
- Glass is 100% Recyclable and Reusable
- The small amount of plastic in the lid can be recycled in most areas.
- The clay bag can be reused as packing material if shredded, or cut the stand up base off and use for planting starter seeds, it can be recycled at some Targets and other grocers that recycle MYLAR bags. Find a store here: https://how2recycle.info/sdo
- The bubble wrap can be reused multiple times; in fact, when possible, I have already used it a second time to ship to you.
- All my labels, including on the bag, are printed with digital printers which uses less energy, produces less waste, and has a smaller carbon footprint than conventional printing technology.
- The THANK YOU card is printed on recycled paper, and can be recycled again with your paper recycling.
Please do your part and Recycle! Reduce! Repurpose! your containers and packaging.
Thank you for shopping with me.
I truly appreciate every one of my customers.